Except where otherwise expressly stated on this site, I own all content (including the associated copyrights) on this site. The policies and procedures set forth below are designed to strike the appropriate balance between protecting my intellectual property rights and allowing the sharing of content you may find beneficial. I appreciate your consideration in this matter and thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Without My Permission
You are free to do the following without my permission:
- Link to my site or any specific post on my site.
- Extract and re-post less than 200 words on any other site, provided you link back to my original post.
- Print off my posts and photocopy up to 50 copies for internal distribution within your own company or organization.
- Print my posts in any non-commercial publication (e.g., company newsletter, church newsletter, class syllabus, etc.), provided you include this copyright notice: “© [insert year of applicable post], Lisa R. Brooks, J.D. All rights reserved. Originally published at www.lisarbrooks.com.”
Prior Permission Required
You must have my prior written consent to do any of the following:
- Use this content for any commercial purpose, including selling or licensing printed or digital versions of my content.
- Alter, transform, or build upon this work.
Re-posting In Full and Translation Rights [NOT Allowed]
I do not permit the re-posting of my posts in their entirety. This is because Google penalizes websites for publishing duplicate content. It often can’t tell which site hosts the original, so I risk getting penalized myself for granting permission.
In addition, I don’t allow the translation and publication of my work in other languages because I do not currently have the resources to validate the quality of the translation.
Guest bloggers retain the copyright to the posts they write. The above permission guidelines do not apply to their work. If you are interested in re-posting or publishing their content, you must contact them directly.
If you have some use for my content that is not covered here, please email me.